Open Lecture: Personal Style and Self-Presentation: How Clothes Help Us Communicate
- Date: 23/07/2019
- Language: Ukrainian
- Time: 10:00 - 12:00
- Fee:free of charge for EBA members
HUB 4.0 (1/3 Yaroslavskyi Lane)
Registration is closed!
Communication is the key competence of the present. The business environment is constantly discussing the various tools and methods of effective communication, but we still rarely associate this skill with appearance. It is unproductive! Communication begins long before we start talking. Often, first, and sometimes the decisive impression we make is not what we say, but what we look like. From the first seconds of visual contact, our companions at the subconscious level decide: like/dislike, believe/do not believe. Our appearance really matters, and it works for us or against us.
Our brain quickly puts labels on everyone we see and often the external does not match the internal one. In a crazy rhythm of life, we often lack time for deep, profound communication with people. Dress communication is a concise formulation for the internal message with the help of clothes, accessories, hairstyles, make-up. Dress communication is a story about a personal style, based not on the figures and color types, but on the values and outlook of a particular person. To be, not seem to be, to express oneself, and not to impress others, to expand the horizons, and not to restrict them – that’s the basic philosophy of dress-communication, for which the key is the personality and what she has to say.
The EBA Management Development Centre team together with SENZA/NOME invite you to take part in the Open Lecture: Personal Style and Self-Presentation: How Clothes Help Us Communicate.
Speaker: Anna Danevych, personal and corporate style consultant, CEO and co-founder of the style studio and concept-store SENZA/NOME.
Main partner: SENZA/NOME.
Target audience: CEOs, business owners, senior and junior managers, HR managers, PR and marketing professionals, all those who are interested in women’s wardrobe and in-depth understanding of dress-communication and self-presentation.
Topics under discussion:
– about fashion, as a social phenomenon and its main characteristics;
– about why the laws of appearance that were in place now do not work;
– about personal style as a system of values and an important component of self-presentation;
– about trendy trends and well-known brands;
– about “the closet is full, there is nothing to put on”;
– about the basic wardrobe that is not needed;
– about dress codes and myths around them in the business environment;
– about dress-communication as a modern alternative to the dress code;
– about how the personal style of the company’s employees influences its image.
Registration is obligatory. To become a participant, please, click the «Register» button. Only the users of the EBA site can register at the event. Number of listeners is limited. Should you have any questions, please, write at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (044) 496-06-01.