The event will be held online
EBA Compliance Department, Management Development Centre jointly with the International Compliance Association (ICA) invite you to take part in the International Open Lecture: «Conflicts of Interest. Are you ready for the best international practices?».
Conflicts of interest are situations in which an individual has competing interests or loyalties because of their duties or responsibilities to more than one person or organisation. A person with a conflict of interest cannot act impartially in connection with the actual or potential conflicting interests of both parties. Conflicts can exist in many different situations, involving personal loyalties and professional loyalties to an employer or other professional relationship. Understanding and managing conflicts effectively is critical in mitigating conflict of interest risks, and their potential consequences for the individual and the business.
After visiting the lecture, participants will:
- have an understanding of the definitions of conflicts of interest, examples of where they can and do arise, and the potential consequences of not managing them effectively;
- be able to consider mitigating strategies such as effective policy and procedures, the responsibilities of Boards of Directors and of individual employees and how they should be applied, and the benefits they can bring for both employees and the business.
- business managers;
- senior management;
- compliance professionals;
- business consultants;
- in-house lawyers and HR specialists;
- persons interested in managing the impacts and consequences of conflicts of interest.
Topics under discussion:
- definition of conflicts of interest;
- real world examples of where conflicts of interest can arise in business;
- potential consequences of conflict of interest and how they can lead to illegal actions;
- practical actions that can be taken to manage the risks associated with conflicts of interest;
- benefits this can bring to the business.
FICA, is the Senior Course Director in Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) at ICA, and develops and delivers GRC courses in the UK and internationally. Prior to joining ICA in 2013, Rhodri was a senior compliance manager in a large UK retail bank, working with business operations, senior management and other assurance functions on a wide range of compliance-related subjects, over the course of a career of over 25 years.
You can send a question to: