In October 2018, the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) of Ukraine made an essential step to reform insolvency relations and adopted a new code styled as the Code of Ukraine on Bankruptcy Proceedings. What is it? Is it a technical transformation of the Law into a Code or a real reform of the bankruptcy procedure? Does it strengthen liability of debtors and “those who are behind them” or is it another “dead” legislative instrument having no practical application and just remaining on paper?
EBA Management Development Centre Team together with Vasil Kisil and Partners invite you to join the Open Lecture: Code of Ukraine on Bankruptcy Proceedings: a New Life for Creditors and Debtors.
Outcome: after visiting the open lecture every participant will know major changes in the bankruptcy procedure; learn about the first practice of the Code application; receive professional lifehacks and recommendations.
- Oleg Kachmar, attorney-at-law, partner at Vasil Kisil & Partners. For more than 12 years, Oleg has been specializing in litigation disputes dealing with lending and insurance, real estate and construction.
- Yuriy Kolos, attorney-at-law, counsel at Vasil Kisil & Partners Senior Associate. 7 years of experience in litigation and insurance disputes, representation of interests of creditors and borrowers in bankruptcy cases.
Main partner: Vasil Kisil & Partners.
Target audience: in-house lawyers, banks, factoring companies and other financial institutions lawyers.
Topics under discussion:
- Who is now in charge of the bankruptcy procedure: court or creditors?
- Is it real to hold accountable a participant (founder) of a corporate debtor for its debts?
- How to initiate a bankruptcy case?
- Who and for what needs a bankruptcy procedure applicable to individuals?
Registration is obligatory. To become a participant, please, click the «Register» button. Only the users of the EBA site can register at the event. Number of listeners is limited. Should you have any questions, please, write at email@example.com or call (044) 496-06-01.