Ukraine has been living for many years in anticipation of the judicial reform aimed to increase confidence in the courts and become an effective tool for protecting business interests. New procedural codes adopted at the end of 2017, such as the Economic Procedural Code, Civil Procedural Code and Code of Administrative Procedure, substantially change the litigation and are one of the important stages in the implementation of the reform. Expert lawyers will tell what this actually means for businesses that open up opportunities and what restrictions are.
EBA Management Development Centre Team together with law firm Vasil Kisil and Partners invite you to join the Open Lecture: Business Protection in Court – Game with New Rules.
Outcome: after attending the lecture you will understand the main trends that heavily affect the judicial process, know major changes in the judicial process, learn about the first court practice of the updated codes application, receive professional lifehacks on how to protect business interests in court.
- Tetyana Berezhna, attorney-at-law, senior associate at Vasil Kisil and Partners Law Firm, specializes in national court proceedings and, in particular, tax, customs and other court disputes over appealing against decisions of state bodies
- Yuriy Kolos, attorney-at-law, senior associate at Vasil Kisil and Partners Law Firm, litigation experience in the settlement of disputes concerning real estate and construction, disputes with supervisory authorities regarding the conduct of inspections, taking response measures, etc.
Partner: Vasil Kisil & Partners
Target audience: in-house lawyers.
Topics under discussion:
- Attorney-at-law monopoly: whether in-house lawyers may act for the employer in court
- Electronic court and electronic evidence: “all cards on the table”
- New fines: what the “procedural game” will cost
- Court costs and their reimbursement: how to obtain full reimbursement of legal expenses
- First judicial practice: how to apply the updated procedural codes
Registration is obligatory. To become a participant, please, click the “Register” button. Only the users of the EBA site can register at the event. Number of listeners is limited. Should you have any questions, please, write at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (044) 496-06-01.