Open Lecture: Upcoming General Data Protection Regulation – expected changes for the EU and Ukraine
- Date: 21/03/2018
- Language: Russian
- Time: 10:00 - 12:00
- Ticket:free of charge for EBA members
EBA Kyiv Office, 1A Andriyivskyi Uzviz
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect in May 2018 and bring many data protection novelties. For the first time, GDPR will have direct effect, i.e. no implementing legislation is required from EU member states, and their data protection regimes will be to a large extent unified. One of the most significant issues is that GDPR may apply to entities outside the EU that are processing data of EU residents. The lecture will give outline of the most important changes and requirements brought by GDPR, including its potential application to Ukrainian entities.
EBA Management Development Centre Team together with Asters Law Firm сompany invite you to join the Open Lecture: Upcoming General Data Protection Regulation – Expected Changes for the EU and Ukraine.
- Yulia Semeniy, Asters Partner, Patent attorney, Attorney at Law. Specializes in the intellectual property law, including copyright and industrial property, protection against unfair competition, media-law and legal proceedings
- Dmytro Shemelin, LLM in International Dispute Resolution by Geneva University; more than 10 years experience in international arbitration and litigation proceedings
Target audience: those doing business with European companies, selling products or services in the EU, processing European data or simply interested in data protection trends.
Topics under discussion:
1. Data protection requirements brought by GDPR:
- An overview of the basic terms
- Lawful basis for processing
- Obligations of data controllers and data processors
2. Application of GDPR to Ukrainian entities
- When a Ukrainian company should pay attention to GDPR
- Processing of EU data: rules and risks
3. Authorizations and notifications under GDPR
- Data protection commissioners
- Data processing consents
- Data transfer procedures
Registration is obligatory. To become a participant, please, click the “Register” button. Only the users of the EBA site can register at the event. Number of listeners is limited. Should you have any questions, please, write at email@example.com or call (044) 496-06-01.