International Online Lecture: Embracing the ‘Unnormal’ Is the New Normal. Growing Your Business/Startup in the New ‘UnNormal’ Economy
- Date: 24/06/2020
- Language: English
- Time: 10:00 - 11:30
- Fee:free of charge for EBA members
STEFES Virtual Hall
‘It’s no longer viable to become a market leader, but better to become a market disruptor!’
A recession is cyclical by market nature where protecting, rebuilding and patience are part of the game. A pandemic such as COVID-19, rips up all rules and forces new ones to be rewritten. Its offense and not defense that will win the day.
Categories such as tourism, events, Horecas, etc. are now facing a ‘forced-evolution’ that will reinvent these categories. Or will they create new ones? The online space which was already growing Y-O-Y (year-on-year) has now been pushed into hyper-drive. Global brands like Shopify and Amazon have increased their net worth due to overwhelming demand by people who are jumping into the online sales market to fill the needs of panic on-demand isolation buying.
The restaurant industry as we know is changing with brands such as Glovo, that are delivering a solution to new habits recently formed around isolation, home workers, social distancing, etc. Before it was convenience, now it’s viewed as necessary.
Companies have now discovered the benefits of having their employees working from home with tools like ZOOM to bring everyone together. They realize the huge cost savings of reducing their square footage of office space once thought as instrumental. The costs associated in both time and money from daily commutes to work have now become clear due to lower income and reduced spending needs. (coffee & snacks, gas, parking, restaurants, etc.) People have learned they can do more with less money.
And the list goes on and on.
What can a business do to break through and actually have a chance at succeeding with such radical shifts happening on what seems to be a weekly basis?
EBA Management Development Centre together with Luc Chenier invite you to take part in the International Online-Lecture: Growing Your Business/Startup in the New ‘UnNormal’ Economy.
This Online-Lecture is scheduled for 24th June at 10:00 and will be streamed via Zoom.us. Link to the live stream will be provided the day before event.
From this lecture, you will better understand how to:
- PIVOT with clear purpose to refocus on people’s evolved needs.
- Learn to identify niche opportunities and readjust for todays ‘unnormal’ needs and reality;
- Build a new culture that answers and gives solutions to new challenges.
- ‘Slow is Fast’ – Learn patience for increase growth – ‘Platforms that scale too fast are hard to maintain. Platforms that take longer to scale with solid foundations have a better chance at succeeding long-term’.
- Analyze the instabilities and opportunities not only locally, but on global markets as well.
Speaker: Luc Chenier, a serial-entrepreneur, CEO and brand strategist that has worked with some of the biggest global and local brands in Canada and across Europe. Luc has launched businesses in new categories that have sold for profit while others failed to even launch. From that, Luc embraces the life-motto: ‘FAIL HARDER!’.
Main Partner: PLAN C
COO, of big and small companies;
SME and people looking to start a business (startup);
PR and marketing managers.
Topics under discussion:
- Trend and sector analyzing – O.S.T and T.O.W.S rather than S.W.O.T (reverse approach).
- Presentation tactics (from PPT to Video to social, etc.).
- Creation of Ecosystem: Momentum + scaling from multiple touch-points & interest groups.
- Creating a culture first, then a product to satisfy the TA (target audience).
- ‘Numbers don’t lie, People Do.’ – Delivering numbers that can disrupt – less talk more action.
- Master your mistakes – create, use and test to move forward – Don’t be afraid to fail.
- Build before raising – Earn you stripes and keep more equity.
- Barter Growth – The benefits of exchange in core services for investment.
- Be consistently inconsistent – the advantages of surprising the market with a clear path forward.
Registration is obligatory. To become a participant, please, click the “Register” button. Only the users of the EBA site can register at the event. Number of listeners is limited. Should you have any questions, please, write at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (044) 496-06-01.