ЕВА Expert Talk: Labour Migration: A Challenge for Ukraine
- Date: 13/06/2019
- Language: Ukrainian (with translation)
- Time: 10:00 - 12:00
- Registration startsat 09:30
Hyatt Regency Kyiv (Ally Tarasovoi St, 5, Kyiv)
Registration is closed!
Why do talented specialists prefer to leave Ukraine and look for brighter opportunities abroad? The shortage of professionals in the corporate and industrial sectors, rising emigration, the instability of the labour market – all these factors reflect the current reality of Ukraine.
We decided to pinpoint the reasons for one of the biggest problems facing our society and to find possible solutions. Our initiative was supported by Ukrlandfarming PLC, one of the largest agro-holdings in Ukraine, that is greatly affected by the negative impact of labour migration.
During the event, we plan to discuss the actions required to strengthen Ukraine’s capacity to encourage migrants to return to Ukraine and create favourable conditions for working and living in our country.
Key issues to discuss:
- Presentation of the results of the survey “Happiness Barometer”
- Problem of labour migration and shortage of personnel in Ukraine, in particular in the agrarian sector as one of the key drivers of the Ukrainian economy
- Necessary actions to minimize negative effects of labour migration and create favourable conditions for the return of migrant workers to Ukraine
Please note that registration is required and only registered participants will be informed of any possible scheduling changes. The number of attendees is limited, we may allow the registration of only two representatives of any EBA member-company for this event. Registration will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis and may close before the deadline (12 June 18:00).
We look forward to seeing you soon!