Online via Zoom
EBA Expert Talk «Litigation in Ukraine: what should business know?»
- Date: 27/04/2021
- Language: Ukrainian with translation into English
- Time: 11:00 - 13:00
With each passing year, the business confidence in a fair and impartial court system is fading due to the long-delayed reform. At the same time, trust in the judiciary is one of the key factors that determine the country’s attractiveness in the eyes of investors. Therefore, it is important to identify the problems that hinder the effective work of the judiciary in protecting the legal rights and freedoms of the business community.
During the special expert talk, the European Business Association together with GOLAW law firm will be announcing the results of the new wave of Court Index, the annual research conducted to evaluate effectiveness of the court system in Ukraine. Together with legal experts and court representatives, we will analyze the results of the study and discuss its significance for the business. Besides, we will raise the following issues:
- Judicial reform in Ukraine: currently and in prospect;
- The role of international partners in reforming the Ukraine’s justice system;
- Work of courts under the quarantine: organizational challenges, difficulties, and peculiarities;
- Interaction between business and judicial authorities;
- Establishment of judicial practice by the Supreme Court.
This live meeting is scheduled for April 27, 11:00, and will be streamed via Zoom. Link to the live stream will be provided after the registration.
Please note that registration is compulsory and only registered participants will be notified of changes if such occur.
We look forward to meeting you at our online discussion!