Success of the company, which is the responsibility of the whole team of both financial and non-financial managers, is measured by financial indicators. These indicators are subject for management, their current level should be evaluated, compared to the market average level and compared to key competitors’ results. This allows to identify strengths and weaknesses and find reserves for performance improvement.
We launch the EBA Business School: Finance for Non-Financial Managers in 2017 to work out all the above mentioned issues.
Modules are conducted in an interactive form and include a number of case studies. Participants will be provided with specially designed training materials in Russian.
Having successfully finished the School, you will receive certificate of completion.
DURING THE MODULES YOU WILL
- Learn the basics of formation of three key financial statements: balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
- Evaluate the most important financial ratios
- Prepare the budget
- Top managers and department managers
- Employees of sales, marketing and IT departments with no special education in finance and accounting
- Business coaches
MODULE 1. PART 1. ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
- Principal accounting systems
- Difference between finance, tax and management accounting
- Components of annual financial statements
- Balance Sheet as a source of information on company’s investments and sources of financing
- Balance Sheet equation
- Main Balance Sheet sections
- Balance Sheet analysis
- Examples of Balance Sheet structure of the companies from different industries
CASE STUDY: ACCOUNTING FOR COMPANY`S OPERATIONS, USING “DOUBLE ENTRY METHOD”, PREPARATION OF COMPANY`S BALANCE SHEET AND IT`S ANALYSIS
- Profit and Loss Statement (P&L) as a source of information of company’s business activity
- Problem of revenue and expenses recognition
- Definition of income (gross margin, EBITDA, operating, net income)
- Profit and Loss Statement analysis
- Examples of structure and trends of P&L measures in different industries
CASE STUDY (CONTINUED): PREPARATION AND ANALYSIS OF P&L
- Statement of Cash Flows (SCF) as an instrument of cash flows management
- Structure of Statement of Cash Flows and methods of preparation of Statement of Cash Flows: direct and indirect
- Analysis of Statement of Cash Flows
CASE STUDY (CONTINUED): PREPARATION AND ANALYSIS OF STATEMENT OF CASH FLOWS
MODULE 2. PART 2. ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- Financial ratios
- Return on operations (sales), profit margin
- Business activity (assets turnover; inventory, receivables and payables management)
- Return on assets (ROA)
CASE STUDY (CONTINUED): ANALYZING THE RESULTS OF COMPANY OPERATIONS
PART 3. COMPANY`S BUDGET FORMATION
- The system of financial planning and budgeting
- The Balanced Scorecard (BSC): a strategic tool
- Setting goals and objectives for the budget period
CASE STUDY (CONTINUED): FORMULATING COMPANY`S BUDGET AIMED AT EFFICIENCY GROWTH
- Budget analysis. Development of actions aimed to achieving of the objectives set. Conclusions and recommendations
- Summing-up the training. Questions and answers. Feedback
SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATION,
PLEASE, FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM, IN ENGLISH OR UKRAINIAN.
TO SPECIFY OBLIGATORY CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS CONCERNING PARTICIPATION
CONTACT US: OR +38 (044) 496 06 01.