STATUS: MODULE II starts on February 04
DURATION: FEBRUARY 04 – MARCH 11
TIME: ON SATURDAYS FROM 12:00 TO 17:00
FORMAT: 6 CLASSES, 5 HOURS EACH (TOTAL – 30 HOURS)
VENUE: HUB 4.0, 1/3 yaROSLAVSKII ALLEY
PARTICIPATION FEE: 3800 UAH for eba members
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: 3500 UAH till january 04 for eba members
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Nowadays HR-manager’s profession has become incredibly important in the corporate world. That is not surprising as human resource is the main competitive advantage of any company, especially during the period of economic instability. New challenges increased a level of requirements to HR-specialists in terms of their professional competencies. To keep up with the latest trends in HR, HR-professionals have to learn and improve their knowledge and skills constantly.
To create a strong educational platform for modern HR’s, the EBA Educational Centre has launched the HR-Management School. This long-term program helps participants to gain holistic understanding of the system of human resources management (HRM), increase their competitive advantage through the development of their HR-competencies, learn effective modern HR practices, and shape a systematic approach to the implementation of HR-functions in the company.
Having successfully finished the School, you will receive certificate of completion.
Advantages of the School:
- Convenient format that allows combining study with work (every Saturday from 12-00 to 17-00).
- 60 hours of communication with HR schoolmates, and total dipping into HR-management atmosphere
- Optimal combination of theory and practice (30/70), role-gaming, case studies, group work and team projects
- High level of practical tasks based on materials designed for MBA students
- Modern program content filled up with the most discussed and interesting HRM topics
- Positive feedback received from graduates of the previous seasons
- HR-specialists with different (from primary to high) level of expertise and work experience
- Managers of specialized HR-functions who want to gain a comprehensive understanding of all HRM areas
- HR-managers with a long-term experience who wish to learn about the latest trends in HRM and systemize their knowledge in HRM field
In 2016, for the convenience of participants, the School’s program has been divided into 2 independent modules. Optionally, participants can take each module separately and get a certificate.
MODULE I. EXCELLENCE OF PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
HAVING COMPLETED MODULE I, THE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Properly organize recruitment process in a company
- Create candidate’s profile and choose effective methods of search,
- Conduct different types of job interview and verify recommendations
- Classify employees by their emotional state, differ productive emotions out of counterproductive ones, and promptly resolve conflicts in a team
- Use the concept of emotional intellect to create a favorable psychological climate in a team
- Determine a level of corporate culture maturity and make necessary adjustments depending on the existing paradigm
- Effectively organize T&D process
- Identify personnel training needs, choose the most effective learning method and evaluate its effectiveness
MODULE I SYLLABUS
School’s Introduction & Objectives. Brief overview of modern trends in HR Management (HRM)
Topic 1. Recruitment: How to hire right people
- Recruitment: job design, position description, search for candidates, resume screening, interviewing, final selection.
- Main techniques of job interviewing. Interactive games to train different techniques of interview. Competency based interview model. STAR Method of behavioral interviewing.
- Communication with a candidate after the interview. Job offer. Verifying of recommendation.
- Use of new technologies and social networking in HRM.
Topic 2. Emotional Intellect (EI) in the Workplace. Use of EI concept for personnel management as a new growing trend in HRM
- Application of emotional intellect concept for HRM needs.
- Importance of personnel EI management for business. Role of HR in creating a motivational atmosphere in a team
- Classification of emotional states. Productive and non-productive emotions
- Types of employees depending on their emotional state. Emotional interaction within a team.
Topic 3. Corporate culture
- Key components of corporate culture (mission, ideology, goals and values).
- Corporate culture paradigms: full spectrum
- Influence of social system and individual maturity level on corporate culture.
- Impact of leader’s pattern of thinking on corporate culture/separate social system (group, team, company)
Topic 4. Personnel Training and Development (T&D)
- Determination of training needs and making priorities. Correlation between training targets and corporate goals.
- Comparison of different T&D concepts and methods.
- Organization of T&D process.
- Methods for training effectiveness evaluation.
- Corporate system of career development. Management pool administrating.
- Talent Management: generation and development of talent pool.
Summary of Module І. Final test. Awarding certificates
MODULE IІ. STRATEGIC HR-MANAGEMENT
HAVING COMPLETED MODULE II, THE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of the manager’s leadership style and make appropriate adjustments to individual development plan.
- Identify potential future leaders and design special development program for them.
- Develop HR-strategy in accordance with the overall corporate strategy
- Consider a typology of leaders in building communication with them
- Identify main corporate principles of motivational management
- Specify the degree of employee’s loyalty and develop actions to increase personnel engagement
- Introduce a culture of feedback provision into the company practice
- Use the Theory of generations for motivational purpose
- Consider matrix of manager’s types in the formation of managing team
MODULE II SYLLABUS
Topic 1. HR-manager’s role in enhancing the leadership potential in the company
- Leader vs Manager: similarities and differences.
- Leadership’s definition and concepts.
- Manager’s individual image. Components of Manager’s impact to get results that matter. Behavior patterns that contribute to win subordinates’ respect and trust.
- Leadership Styles. Failure models of manager’s communication with subordinates. Diagnostics and correction of manager’s mistaken behavior.
- Enhancing of individual leadership potential. How to design a leadership development program.
Topic 2. Fundamentals of Strategic HR Management (HRM). The strategic role of HRM in the company (organization)
- Growing role of HRM for business. Evolution of HRM function.
- System of corporate HRM: approaches to HR-function organization. Key HR-functions, distribution of HR responsibilities within the company.
- "HR-Manager" position: role, main tasks and responsibilities, professional competencies and requirements
- Introduction to strategic HRM. Classification of HR-strategies.
- HRM strategy at different stages of company’s life cycle.
- HR-Manager’s participation in corporate strategy development and organizational design.
- Strategy of HR-manager’s game in the top-management team. Common HR-manager’s mistakes and how to avoid performing of dangerous roles.
- Structured interview with the CEO to identify priority tasks for HRM.
Topic 3. Personnel Motivation and Engagement. Creating of “Driving” atmosphere
- Motivation: concept, types. Classical and modern approaches to motivation.
- Non-financial methods of motivation.
- Degrees of employee’s loyalty
- Employee’s engagement and its influence on profit. Methods to ensure a high level of employees’ engagement. Top-5 drivers that help to increase employees’ engagement.
- Workplace conditions that promote high personnel engagement. Manager’s role in keeping subordinates loyal and engaged.
- Character traits of generation ВВ, X, Y and their use in motivational management. Differences in generations’ motivational profile
- Culture of “feedback provision” as an important part of motivational management. Developing feedback that encourages employees to change their deconstructive behavior and work better. Types of feedback. Rules of effective feedback.
- Characteristics of employee’s motivation during the probation period. “On-boarding” principles and procedures.
Topic 4. Effective collaboration between HR-manager and company’s Top-management
- HR-manager’s alliance with the CEO: development and implementation of HRM strategy in line with Top-management's expectations and business needs.
- Classification of TOP-managers. Matrix of TOP-managers’ types.
- Communication with different types of leaders.
- Use of manager’s typical matrix for shaping a managing team.
Summary of Module II. Final test. Presentation of team projects based on examinational case "HRM strategy of the Company". Awarding certificates.
Should you be interested in participation,
please, FILL in THE APPLICATION FORM in english or ukrainian.
TO SPECIFY OBLIGATORY CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS CONCERNING PARTICIPATION
CONTACT US: OR +38 (044) 496 06 01.